Focal One (NASDAQ: EDAP) is the global leader in therapeutic ultrasound. Focal One is the first and only robotic platform designed for focal ablation of prostate tissue using HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) that is controlled by the urologist. With a global presence in more than 50 countries, there is growing momentum in the use of our ultrasound-based technologies. We provide tools to fill an important treatment gap in prostate cancer for those patients with low to intermediate risk disease.
The Focal One business is positioned for sequential growth and expansion. The company’s proprietary robotic technology is unique and solves an unmet need for prostate cancer patients. The technology is also positioned to expand beyond prostate cancer into other areas such as endometriosis and pancreatic cancer.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing company with a revolutionary product, then this is a great opportunity to join our team and assist us in implementing world class processes and procedures to support these efforts.
We are seeking a Senior General Accountant that can assist with Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accruals, Contract Agreements, Cost/Inventory Accounting and assist with Accounts Receivables. You will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company and will interact with leaders across Finance, Legal, HR, Operations, Sales, and IT as well as our external and internal auditors and advisors. This position will report to our US General Accounting manager in our Austin, Texas Office.
Key Responsibilities/Your Impact
- Responsible for all Payroll, Sales Commissions, Accounting and other areas as needed to assist the General Accounting Manager
- Prepare and review journal entries, fluctuation analyses, key reconciliations, and roll forwards as part of monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities; present results and analyses at quarterly review meetings with Finance Management
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results in accordance with US GAAP and global accounting policies
- Facilitate meetings with cross-functional business partners such as Technical Accounting, and Financial Planning & Analysis groups to obtain necessary information to record transactions accurately and completely
- Participate in quarterly reviews and annual audits by interfacing with auditors
- Ensure compliance with global accounting policies, processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Identify and implement process improvements and automations to reduce time to close and improve accuracy of underlying accounting records
- Participate in various ad-hoc and special projects in our effort to streamline and standardize accounting processes across the team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, required, 5+ years of experience with a high growth company
- CPA or equivalent, Big Four public accounting experience, and working proficiency with Quickbooks, ADP and SAP, highly preferred
- Strong project management and process improvement skills; proficiency with spreadsheet and presentation software. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist. Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Preferred Location, Focal One Office in Austin, Texas