Focal One (NASDAQ: EDAP) is the global leader in therapeutic ultrasound. Focal One is the first and only robotic platform designed for focal ablation of prostate tissue using HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) that is controlled by the urologist. With a global presence in more than 50 countries, there is growing momentum in the use of our ultrasound-based technologies. We provide tools to fill an important treatment gap in prostate cancer for those patients with low to intermediate risk disease.
The Focal One business is positioned for sequential growth and expansion. The company’s proprietary robotic technology is unique and solves an unmet need for prostate cancer patients. The technology is also positioned to expand beyond prostate cancer into other areas such as endometriosis and pancreatic cancer.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing company with a revolutionary product, then this is a great opportunity to join our team and assist us in implementing world class processes and procedures to support these efforts.
We are seeking a leader of Sox Compliance to lead the Company in the design, implementation and maintenance of our SOX program as well as manage our Treasury and Tax functions. You will have broad exposure to the operations of the Company and will interact with leaders across Finance, Legal, HR, Operations, Sales, and IT as well as our external and internal auditors and advisors. You will oversee the design and operation of our SOX program, including setting the scope, the design, developing documentation (i.e., risk assessment, narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices), assessing the Company’s internal controls over financial reporting, training and the annual testing plan. You will also have direct responsibility for Cash Management and coordinating Tax and Transfer Pricing activities with our Parent company.
Key Responsibilities/Your Impact
- You will be responsible for the company’s SOX program and will lead a team to execute the scoping & risk assessment, management, training and documentation of results of the SOX program, while leveraging the testing services of the Internal Audit team
- Lead the Company’s SOX efforts ensuring we have properly designed controls which are operating effectively
- A key initial responsibility will be to ensure the SOX program continues to operate at optimal performance, effectiveness and efficiency as we separate duties between the SOX Compliance and Internal Audit team
- Work cross-functionally across the Company to ensure our financial and reporting risk is minimized with proper controls and execution
- In addition, you will be responsible for supporting our Treasury function regarding cash management and collections as well as Tax and Transfer Pricing activities with our Parent
- Ultimately support management certification of controls in our SEC filings
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related fields required
- CPA certification preferred
- 7-10+ years of SOX audit and leadership experience within the technology industry
- 5+ years of Public Accounting experience with SOX, Audit or internal audit functions
- Working proficiency with Quickbooks, ADP and SAP highly preferred
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience in the context of a SOX or Audit leadership role – PMP or PMO certification is preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and experienced in the use of auditing and assessment frameworks and the application of professional standards, and experience implementing & building a SOX program a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Preferred Location, Focal One Office in Austin, Texas