EDAP is a global leader in high-tech robotic medical devices for the diagnosis and treatment of Prostate Cancer. EDAP is a NASDAQ-listed international group with a rapid growing presence in the United States, leading with the proprietary Focal One technology brand (www.FocalOne.com). We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, and independent minded individual, with 3+ years of ultrasound experience, based in Houston, Texas, to join our fast-growing operation as a Ultrasound/Clinical Applications Specialist. This individual will be an essential member of EDAP’s Focal One launch & training team.
This is a full time, salaried position requiring approximately 40 60% overnight, expense paid, travel each week. The position may require more than the normal 40-hour work week, including weekends. Product training of 1-2 weeks in our Austin, TX offices will consist of clinical, diagnostic, and hands-on operation of EDAP’s equipment.
Candidate must pass extensive background check, drug testing and have a clean driving record. As suggested by CDC for all healthcare related workers, the following immunizations / vaccinations are required as condition of EDAP Technomed employment: Hepatitis A & B, Chicken Pox, MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps & Rubella’s), Tetanus, Tuberculosis, and Influenza. Proof of prior immunization is required. Should all immunizations / vaccinations not be up to date, EDAP will pay for immunizations to be completed during first 60 days of employment.
Based in the Houston, TX area and reporting to the VP of Service and Applications, the Clinical Application Specialist is responsible for the execution of customer training for the Company’s innovative technologies using ultrasound. The role supports the US sales and service organizations along with EDAP’s market growth initiatives, including clinical presentations with potential new physician users. The Application Specialist provides a high level of customer satisfaction with training support and service, following manufacturer’s products requirements.
Essential Qualifications, Functions and Responsibilities
- 3+ years of ultrasound experience in a patient care setting
- Expert in product/clinical technical competencies, with the ability to answer a wide range of questions concerning software and clinical applications.
- Provides hands-on and didactic training at customer sites, to a physician and nursing audience, on products.
- Responsible for clinical training including didactic courses, case observations, product demonstrations and proctored case assistance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (cont.)
- Provides consultative support to customers at every level, physician, nursing, sterile processing and OR managers.
- Coordinates the delivery of customer training with Service/Sales groups.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction with manufacturer’s products thought continued training and case support.
- Maintains a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements.
- Supports market growth initiatives (i.e. industry tradeshows, product demos, clinical sites).
- Ensures quality system requirements are met & maintained.
- Provides feedback to the VP of Service & Applications concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provides pre-sales and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with Sales Department and customers to ensure expectations are met.
- Manages travel budget to goal through optimization of travel strategies and cost savings.
- Must have reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be physically fit and able to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance