EDAP is a global leader in high-tech robotic medical devices for the diagnosis and treatment of Prostate Cancer. EDAP is a NASDAQ-listed international group with a rapid growing presence in the United States, leading with the proprietary Focal One technology brand (https://www.linkedin.com/redir/general-malware-page?url=www%2eFocalOne%2ecom). We are seeking a bright, enthusiastic, and independent minded individual, with 5+ years of field service and electronics troubleshooting experience, based in Austin, Texas, to join our fast-growing operation as a Field Service Engineer. This individual will be an essential member of EDAP’s Focal One support team.
This is a full time, salaried position requiring approximately 50-60% overnight, expense paid, travel each week. The position may require more than the normal 40-hour work week, including weekends. Product training of 1-2 weeks in our Austin, TX offices will consist of clinical, diagnostic, and hands-on operation of EDAP’s equipment.
Candidate must pass extensive background check, drug testing and have a clean driving record. As suggested by CDC for all healthcare related workers, the following immunizations / vaccinations are required as condition of EDAP Technomed employment: Hepatitis A & B, Chicken Pox, MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps & Rubella’s), Tetanus, Tuberculosis, and Influenza. Proof of prior immunization is required. Should all immunizations / vaccinations not be up to date, EDAP will pay for immunizations to be completed during first 60 days of employment.
Based in the Austin, TX area and reporting to the VP of Service and Applications, the Field Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining and servicing all products distributed by EDAP. The role supports the US Sales and Applications organizations along with EDAP’s market growth initiatives. The Field Service Engineer provides a high level of customer satisfaction by maintaining the systems to eliminate downtime.
Essential Qualifications, Functions and Responsibilities
· 5+ years of field service experience, with an extensive knowledge of electronics and troubleshooting required.
· Past experience with medical devices and IT connections in medical facilities is a plus.
· Responsible for the installation and continuous service of all products EDAP manufactures, sells and/or distributes in the US market.
· Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by providing exceptional support while servicing the products.
· Completes all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
· Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements.
· Ensures quality system requirements are met & maintained.
· Reports and documents ALL service issues and repairs made.
· Reports and documents ALL faults observed to establish failure trends.
· Provides feedback to the VP of Service and Applications concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field and suggests recommendations for service improvements.
· Provides pre-sales and post-sales support by maintaining close working relationships with Sales Team and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
· Manages inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
· Promotes service contract offerings and assists in selling service agreements to customers within your assigned territory.
· Manages the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
· Performs preventative maintenance on time, providing expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
· Must have reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license.
· Must be physical fir and able to lift 30-50 lbs.
· Any other duties and tasks which may be assigned from time to time.
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance